a Team Update by the Azure-Winged Magpie.
Our Star Trek Celebration is Done!
It only took us two more months than we planned, but we got it done in the end! We’ve now reviewed every.single.Star Trek film that exists AND we did so many episodes too! We’ve always had a Star Trek theme here on The Corvid Review since we’re both big Trekkies, and we were missing a bit of Star Trek around these parts. But that’s all good now! We’ve warped straight up to date with everything Star Trek!
🖖 (◔ ◡ ◔✿) yay!
A few things went bye bye while we were working on the Celebration. The Crow realised talking about Star Trek Timelines was just taking him wayy too long, and its been a few years since he played it anyway …up The Liberal Alliance! Wooo! So that went bye bye. I only heard about what’s going on with Vic Mignogna and even though I’m not totally up to date with what’s going on with that whole scene, I thought I’d keep Star Trek Continues out of the Celebration. These reviews maaaybe might show up later on at some point but they were never supposed to be the priority for our little Celebration. We were attacking the films and at least one of our favourite episodes while the Cap’n went and continued our voyages into Discovery.
And whoo boy! It’s been a long road… writing from here to there…
(◔ _ ◔✿) …whaaat?!
This doesn’t mean we’re done with Star Trek. Oh no.
The Cap’n’s going to continue reviewing Discovery until it ends. He’ll do the Picard show when it happens. The Nutcracker‘s going to drop in and do one of her favourite episodes one day. The show’s still on, y’all! But we’re done with the big important celebration I wanted to do so much.
Anyway! Just so that we can have everything in one place…
Here’s the full list of the films episodes and TV specials we covered!
Star Trek on The Corvid Review
- Star Trek: The Next Generation — S05E25: The Inner Light
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine — S05E06: Trials and Tribble-ations
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E01: The Vulcan Hello & Battle at the Binary Stars
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E02: Context is For Kings
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E03: The Butcher’s Knife Cares Not for the Lamb’s Cry
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E04: Choose Your Pain
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E05: Lethe
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E06: Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E07: Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E08: Into the Forest I Go
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E09: Despite Yourself
- Star Trek: Discovery — S01E10: The Wolf Inside
- Star Trek: Discovery — Episodes 11 — 15 Round Up
- Star Trek: Discovery — Short Treks
STAR TREK: DISCOVERY
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E01: Brother
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E02: New Eden
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E03: Point of Light
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E04: An Obol for Charon
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E05: Saints of Imperfection
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E06: The Sound of Thunder
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E07: Light and Shadows
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E08: If Memory Serves
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E09: Project Daedalus
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E10: The Red Angel
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E11: Perpetual Infinity
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E12: Through the Valley of Shadows
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E13: coming soon
- Star Trek: Discovery — S02E14: coming soon
Original Series Cast:
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
The Next Generation Cast:
Enter: The King
The Corvid Review celebrates 65 years of GODZILLA
It’s finally happening. The KING is here!
Now… you lot know how the Crow and I (and the Nutcracker too!) are massive Trekkies. I mean… we just went and wrote reviews for all that Star Trek up above. So… it’s not like it’s a big secret. But guess what? That’s not the ONLY fandom we share!
We love Ghost in the Shell (and reviewed every.damn.film in that series just like we did Star Trek!). We love the MCU films (and gave them the full treatment too)! We love Metal Gear Solid (but only reviewed one of those)! I got the Crow into Berserk (and that post is an embarrassment so I’m not linking to it until we’ve fixed it up)! And there are so many more. And I’m sure there are going to be more in the future too.
But there’s one fandom we share that’s a lot older and a LOT BIGGER. And I’ll get the Cap’n to “scientifically prove” something about this “bigger” thing in a few days. It’s something we used to watch way back when we were fresh out of our eggshells (just like we both used to watch Star Trek).
Y’see… we’re getting around to world domination, but sometimes… when certain kinds of things hit the fan… we bow to one king.
(ಠ ◡ ಠ✿) !
That‘s right! We’re just a bit over one month away from…
Gᴏᴅᴢɪʟʟᴀ: Kɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏɴsᴛᴇʀs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ
Our GODZILLA Celebration is officially on!
And this won’t be going the way Star Trek Celebration went. Because of how all sorts of things got in the way of us delivering posts on time during the celebration, we’ll be dealing with the build-up to Godzilla: KotM in a different way. We won’t really be doing one-shot reviews for each of the films, but we’ll be doing a series of articles about the King in which we’ll be covering all the films he’s been in. Some of them might get their own reviews but we’ll take it as it comes so that we can get you readers the best content that we could ever come up with!
We’ll probably cut it all up by the “periods”: Shōwa, Heisei etc. but we won’t know for sure until the Cap’n and I sit down this weekend.
Oh oh! Our GODZILLA Celebration isn’t going to be limited to a single month like we originally announced either. Because of how much we’ve got to go through, I’m thinking we’re going to eat up a bit of May as well. Preview Number Three is coming up, and we are gonna have a LOT to say.
Run you little hoomins!
The Kaijū Master Race is coming
for (to save) you!
Other April Releases
on The Corvid Review
Apart from His Nuclear Scaliness’ films, we won’t be doing much in April. The Nutcracker’s starting us off with Game of Thrones (finally) next Sunday so we’re going to be getting a ton of content but we’re not really going to be doing many films like we usually do. We’ve got birthdays and TV and His Nuclear Scaliness, but no new releases.
And that’s because there aren’t that many films that we’re that interested in this month. Some of the films that might show up are:
- The Curse of La Llorona (BIG if)
- Hellboy (might need to preheat my oven and go grab my bucket)
- Missing Link (looks fun)
- Pet Sematary (I like spookies)
- Shazam (been hearing good things)
I’m not promising anything. It’s really going to come down to how we manage our time this month. I’m still WIA and the Crow’s off making magick things with his virtual cameras and whatnot. I think I might go and see Hellboy this weekend because I haven’t seen a modern stinker in a while but I think I should get in on the Shazam wave. We’ll see.
Oh. Right. I missed one.
Just a tiny little one. No biggie.
We really messed up with Infinity War last year and this year, the Cap’n and I won’t be getting to watch the film together (what is it with
Marvel Disney films and us not going to see them together? The Mouse must’ve cursed us or something). So instead! You’re going to be getting a double-decker review for Avengers: Endgame one way or another!
- Option A: If we go together, we’re gonna do a post similar to our Blade Runner 2049 review. We did Infinity War the same way last year but because we’d watched it separately, that post didn’t feel right. This will be ahead of the release and spoiler-free.
- Option B: If. IF the Crow and I have to go on our lonesomes, you’re going to get a Bird-Birds review and a Boy-Birds review on the same day! This isn’t guaranteed to be spoiler-free but it’s going to be on release day.
That’s the plan so far and it looks pretty good.
Anyway! We’ve got a lot of work to get around to so that we can get going with our GODZILLA Celebration and get Game of Thrones all set up to go. The Capn’s away until Friday but I’ll see if I can get him to drop some SCIENCE on you lot in defence of the King. Big things are coming! BIG THINGS!
Duck for cover and run for the hills! The Corvid Review‘s just getting started!
Azure-Winged Magpie up! Up! And Awayyy! *BONK!*
Find Us on Social Media
Or maybe not, cause I don’t really do much on it. But I’m getting there!